Maintenance & Care
- Vacuum often
- Dust mop to keep grit and abrasives off floor
- Blot up spills immediately to protect your floor from water damage
- Use soft protectors on chairs and furniture
- Never pour cleaner directly on your floor
- Do not buff, wax or polish
- Never use abrasive cleaners or wet mop
- Rearrange rugs and furniture periodically so floor ages evenly
- Place mats outside and inside entrances or around sinks and dishwashers to protect your floor against spills, sand and abrasives
- Avoid mats that prevent airflow and moisture like rubber mats or mats with dense backings
- Keep pets nails trimmed to avoid scratches to your floor
- Do not walk on floors with spike heeled or sports shoes
- Maintain indoor humidity between 30%-50%
Recommended Cleaning Products for Pre-Finished Floors:
Aftercare and Maintenance of our UV Oiled Prefinished Floors:
Expected maintenance: Varies with usage. High traffic may need touch up products within a few months. Low traffic may need touch up products after a year or more.
Maintenance Products*: To regularly clean your UV oil floor, use products such as WOCA Natural Soap. Once a year, use products such as WOCA Oil Refresher. To repair scratches, use product such as WOCA Maintenance Paste. Visit their website for full product information at www.woodcareusa.com or call 1-800-242-8160.
*HomerWood does not endorse, nor sell WOCA maintenance products for UV Oil.